Personal Project: Aztecan Seer Proposal and References


For my next personal project I would like to create something that would make homage to my roots and at the same time presents a  technical challenge for my skills.

This is a piece created by Joseph Meehan who is an Illustrator for the card game Magic The Gathering, I love the artistry in this piece and I wanna replicate it but in realtime rendering in unreal engine.

At the same time this being a very personal  piece to me, I wanna use the final result to create the print for the common art class art show by the end of the semester.

I want to make a study of a much better skin shader to make it realistic, I also want determine a pipeline to working with hyper realistic characters and make them optimal for ingame performance and at the same time, replicate the composition and color scheme that the artist achieved in this piece.


I made my reference sheet for skin tone, textures and anatomy for this project.


References for the rest of the character costume









Comments